More about the kids takes on the Homestuck characters
ADDITIONAL STUFF FROM THIS POST: http://tallcatparade.tumblr.com/post/17646885234/soooooo-what-i-did-yesterday-and-a-little-bit-of
Alright since I wasn’t able to fit everything in that one post I’m just gonna write down a couple other things that were pretty notable, also some questions I asked them today in lo of what everyone liked commenting on.
- They seemed determined that Dirk was the hero of the story, and that he had a super smart girlfriend (Jade) and twin brothers (John & Jake) who helped him fight evil. I don’t even.
- They also thought that the kids turned into the trolls, like Roxy and Nepeta being the same person and such.
- The little girl who stated "He’s sad because the fish princess dosen’t like him", when she said it she looked so upset I was trying so hard not to die laughing/screaming etc. I asked her and the rest of the class why she thought that, since honestly I thought they were gonna call Eridan and Fef siblings or something. Her explanation was that he was all frowny so he probably just got rejected or dumped by the girl he liked. I asked them why they thought it was “The mermaid fish princess” and they either said it’s because they’re both fish and or that she’s the prettiest and a princess so it would make sense. Somehow.
I went on to ask ok, what could he do to make her like him again then? Their advice was:
- “Stop wearing capes you’re not Batman.”
- “Wear cooler pants that don’t look like a dress.”
- “Get her chocolate.”
- “Don’t be so grumpy looking be happier.”
- “Smile more.”
…Insert me choking down my screams here.
- I asked the girl who screamed that Gamzee was so cute why she thought he was cute. Her response was: "He looks like a big fuzzy guinea pig. I like guinea pigs." She really wanted to keep the picture but I wasn’t sure how her parents would feel about that, so instead I drew her a small picture today and she kept that.
-They all seemed to share the same kind of pity for Karkat. Either he needed a nap or a hug or candy. This one little boy actually said "He’s probably tired of dealing with all of them they look so crazy!" Kid you don’t know how right you are. Right on the damn money.
- I have no idea why they thought Vriska was a mad scientist who created Terezi and Sollux but to them it seemed to work. Terezi and Sollux were obviously robots because of their glasses, I’m guessing. Oh, about the lego-arm comment, they thought she made robots because she used her lego-arm horn like a wrench. Let that image set in. Yes.
- The reason they said Equius and Jake played soccer is because of the way their shoes are- something that hadn’t really dawned on me til they pointed it out.
- There was a bit of gender confusion before I cleared it up. The ones they had trouble with were Dave and Terezi.
- When I told everyone their names, they liked Karkat, Feferi and Gamzee’s names the best. They pronounced Feferi “Faffuri” and Gamzee “Gimzee” and it was really adorable.
Goddamn there was a lot more but I couldn’t really write everything down fast enough. I just remember a couple of things. If I remember any more I’ll write it down. But yeah! …5 year olds are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. Scary smart.
…And I introduced them to Homestuck oh god this is gonna be all my fault when they get older and they rediscover this, if they do. /head/hands